Sunday, March 22, 2020

Pokereno Scoreboard

After completing the Pokereno table I decided it needed a ticket scoreboard to hang behind the machine to indicate which hands would pay tickets. After all, how are kids supposed to learn how to play 5-card stud if you don't start teaching them the hands when they are little?


The Bay Arcade had this sign posted on the wall. The 30 wins for a Royal Flush was based on the fact that at the Bay Arcade each ticket represented 3 wins.

Our new sign uses almost the same scoring as the original except we are calculating a 1 win per ticket and I moved the Full House to the same win level as a Flush since a Full House is actually a higher hand than a Flush in poker. Was this a fail when they made their sign?


I also have added a 10c logo because the Pokereno can now be played with a genuine Bay Arcade Token or a genuine U.S. Dime. My fail is the explanation under Two Pair, I wrote "Two of the Same Suit, with Two of the Same Suit" where it should have been "Two of the Same Rank, with Two of the Same Rank". My card pictures were correct but my cut-n-paste of the explanation was my fail.



No comments:

Post a Comment